ITSOL Web page
ITSOL v. 2.0:
ITERATIVE SOLVERS package
This version dated :
Thu Oct 25 18:30:56 CDT 2012
ITSOL is a library of iterative solvers for general sparse linear
systems of equations. ITSOL can be viewed as an extension of the
itsol module in SPARSKIT. It is written in C and offers a
selection of recently developed preconditioners.
The preconditioner suite includes:
Note that ITSOL is a scalar package. You may find
parallel implentations of some
of the preconditioners listed above in
ILUK (ILU preconditioner with level of fill)
- ILUT (ILU preconditioner with threshold)
- ILUC (Crout version of ILUT)
- VBILUK (variable block preconditioner with level of fill - with automatic
- VBILUT (variable block preconditioner with threshold - with automatic
- ARMS (Algebraic Recursive Multilevel Solvers -- includes actually
several methods - In particular the standard ARMS and the ddPQ
version which uses nonsymmetric permutations).
- Na Li [graduate student, 2001 - 2006] -- developed crout ILUT,
C versions of ILUK, ILUT, and the VBILU codes, many other things.
- Brian Suchomel [post-doc 1997-1999] -- developed initial version of ARMS
- Daniel Osei-Kuffuor (current) [complex version ZITSOL]
- Ruipeng Li (current)
- Yousef Saad [The new ARMS - nonsymmetric permutations -
vbilu methods, fgmres, final packaging of itsol, ...]
This package also benefited from help from various other co-workers
over the years - who are/ were involved with SPARSKIT, pARMS, PSPARSLIB,
and other projects:
Edmond Chow, Masha Sosonkina, Matthias Bollhoefer,
Zhongze Li, Kesheng Wu, Leigh Little, Laurent Smoch, and others.
- Yousef Saad, saad AT cs dot umn dot edu
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.