& Hall/CRC - Data Mining and
Knowledge Discovery Series
Science Book Proposal
Taylor and Francis
In order to help us to evaluate your proposal thoroughly, we ask that
you complete the following questionnaire. This will help us ensure your
book is a necessary and welcome addition to the literature.
Please return this form with a detailed outline of your book, including
chapter headings, subtopics, and a brief abstract for each chapter (if
available.) Any sample material, either draft chapters or relevant
papers, would help to support your proposal and would be greatly
Please return the completed questionnaire, preferably by email, to:
Acquisitions Editor, Computer Science
3108 Rockwater Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Book Description/Key Features
1. Full title of the proposed book
2. Your full name, position, and affiliation
3. Contact Information (include address, telephone
number, email, fax, etc.)
4. Career to date, including key publications (Please
attach an updated CV)
5. Please list the names and affiliations of any
coauthors you will be working with.
6. Please describe your proposed book in detail.
7. Please describe the purpose of your book and
include why such a book is needed.
8. List up to six key features of your book.
9. Will your book include any supplementary features,
such as an accompanying website, teacher’s guide, or solutions manual?
10. Please describe the primary audiences for your
book in detail.
11. List any secondary markets for your book.
12. If your book is targeted to the
professional/reference market, list any societies, associations, and/or
journals that your book would appeal to.
13. If your book is a textbook, please list any
courses for which your book could be used as a required textbook.
Please list specific course names.
14. For which courses could your book be used as a
15. Please list any companies or organizations who
may be interested in purchasing multiple copies of your book? Please
include contact information, if available.
16. Please list at least three books that might
compete with your book? For each book, list the author, title,
publisher, and publication year.
17. Describe how your book differs from the
competition and indicate what advantages your book has over the
18. Please estimate the approximate number of pages
your manuscript will be?
19. How many figures do you expect to have? Will your
book require any color figures?
20. In what format do you expect to prepare the
manuscript (Latex camera-ready copy, Microsoft Word, etc.)
21. Please provide the estimated delivery date on
which you would expect to deliver the final manuscript.
22. Please list the names and email addresses of up
to four people who may be qualified to provide a review of your book
23. Please list any other relevant information that
may be useful as we evaluate your book proposal.