I am Xia Ning, a Ph.D at the Computer Science & Engineering Department, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. My advisor is Prof. George Karypis.
I received my B.S. in Computer Science from Chu Kechen Honors College, Zhejiang University, China. From University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, I received my M.S. in Computer Science from the Computer Science & Engineering Department, and M.S. minor in Statistics from the School of Statistics.
I grew up in Jining, Nei Mongol (Nei Mongol is part of China), a small town in north China. This is where I am from. I went to college in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, the prettiest city in south China. This is where I started my life in Computer Science.
Research InterestsMachine Learning, Data Mining, Chemical Informatics, Recommender Systems, Text Mining and High Performance Computing.
- Our paper on factorized item similarities for top-N recommendation is accepted by KDD this year.
- NSF panelist, IIS Division, 2013
- Dec 5, 2012, SLIM sorce code is released.
- Aug 20, 2012. I joined NEC Labs America as a research staff member.
- June 1, 2012. Our paper on top-N recommender systems with side information is accepted by RecSys2012 as a regular paper.
- Apr 9, 2012. Our next paper on top-N recommender systems with side information is submitted to RecSys2012.
- Mar 27, 2012. I am going to attend SDM 2012 Doctoral Forum to present my doctoral research work.
- Mar 26, 2012, the WWW2012 poster is up here and the short version of the paper is available here.
- Feb 24, 2012, our paper on "Sparse Linear Methods with Side Information for Top-N Recommendations" has been accepted by WWW2012 as a poster. Our "SLIM" family is growing fat!
- Dec 15, 2011, back from ICDM2011, Vancouver. Very nice programs/panel. Here are the slides for my presenation.
- Nov 15, 2011, new homepage launched.