Hello World! I am Sabirat Rubya. I am a third year PhD student at the University of Minnesota. My research interest is broadly in Social Computing and Human Computer Interaction. Particularly I am interested in designing technologies for online peer-support health communities.
- December 18, 2017: Passed my preliminary exams and became a PhD Candidate!
- August 6, 2017: My paper on interpretations of online anonymity in AA and NA has been accepted to CSCW 2018! Yay!!
- June 1, 2017: The CS department of UofM wrote an article on my win in the Student Research Competition.
- May 11, 2017: I am in the first place for the CHI 2017 Graduate Student Research Competition. So happy!!
- May 7-11, 2017: I attended CHI 2017 in Denver, Colorado.
- March 23, 2017: I wrote my first blog on my CSCW paper on video-mediated peer support for people in recovery.
- February 2, 2017: I worked as a student volunteer for SIGCHI. I am going to work as an Executive Committee Volunteer for the upcoming year.
- January 30, 2017: Extended Abstract accepted to CHI 2017 Student Research Competition!
- November 2, 2016: I worked as a student volunteer for SIGCHI.
- October 18-20, 2016: I attended Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing as a Hopper (Student volunteer).
- September 6, 2016: My paper on video-mediated peer-support on InTheRooms has been accepted to CSCW 2017! This is my first full paper as a PhD student. Excited!
- June 26-30, 2016: I attended HCIC 2016.
- May 7-12, 2016: I attended CHI 2016 as a student volunteer.