2008-2015, Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Advisor: Yousef Saad.
Dissertation: robust high performance preconditioning techniques for solving general sparse linear systems
2006-2008, M.S. in Computer Science, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro. Advisor: Hai Jiang
2002-2006, B.S. in Computer Science, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), Beijing, P.R. China.
ConocoPhillips Company, Houston, TX. Reservoir Simulation Development. Summer Internship 2009, 2010.
GPU-accelerated preconditioned iterative linear solvers for reservoir simulations.
NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara, CA. Summer Internship 2011.
CUDA CUSPARSE Library.
Stoneridge technology, Bel Air, MD. Computer Scientist Intern 2012.
GAMPACK: GPU-accelerated AMG package.
- Parallel Computing; Iterative Linear Solvers; Sparse Matrix Computations
- Ruipeng Li, Yuanzhe Xi, and Yousef Saad. Schur complement based domain decomposition preconditioners with low-rank corrections. Preprint ys-2014-3, Dept. Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2014.
- Ruipeng Li and Yousef Saad. Low-rank correction methods for algebraic domain decomposition preconditioners. Preprint ys-2014-4, Dept. Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2014.
- Yuanzhe Xi, Ruipeng Li, and Yousef Saad. An algebraic multilevel preconditioner with low-rank corrections for general sparse symmetric matrices. Preprint ys-2014-5, Dept. Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2014.
- Daniel Osei-Kuffuor, Ruipend Li, and Yousef Saad. Matrix reordering using multilevel graph coarsening for ilu preconditioning. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 2015 37:1, A391-A419.
- Ruipeng Li and Yousef Saad. Divide and Conquer Low-Rank Preconditioners for Symmetric Matrices. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 2013 35:4, A2069-A2095.
- Ruipeng Li and Yousef Saad. GPU-accelerated preconditioned iterative linear solvers. The Journal of Supercomputing, 63 (2013), pp. 443-466.
- Hector Klie, Hari Sudan, Ruipeng Li, and Yousef Saad. Exploiting capabilities of many core platforms in reservoir simulation. In SPE RSS Reservoir Simulation Symposium, 21-23 February 2011,The Woodlands, Texas, USA, 2011.
- Hari Sudan, Hector Klie, Ruipeng Li, and Yousef Saad. High performance manycore solvers for reservoir simulation. In ECMOR 12th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 6-9 September 2010, Oxford, UK, 2010.
- CSci 5302: Analysis of Numerical Algorithms, Spring 2012
- CSci 5304: Computational Aspects of Matrix Theory , Fall 2013