L*a*b* Color Picker
To run this program:
- Download the JAR file.
- Run java -cp lab.jar LabPicker
How to use this program:
- Use the scrollwheel in the main area or the scroll bar at the left to change the intensity.
Scroll up for brighter colors and down for darker colors.
- Click on a point to print out the L*a*b* and sRGB color coordinates
and show the color in the bar across the bottom of the window.
- Drag the line in the main area to create an opponent color scale.
The scale will be shown on the right side of the window.
- Clicking on the color scale on the right will print out 256 sRGB values
for the color scale.
- Checking the box that says "Symmetric scale" will ensure that the scale
is symmetric around the grey point.
- The dark grey background represents the colors that cannot be displayed
on RGB monitors.
I got all my information from Wikipedia, so I make no guarantees for accuracy or
correctness. Colors may be different depending on your monitor, too.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.