Dev Oliver is a software development engineer at Esri. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, MN, USA in Computer Science (advisor: Professor Shashi Shekhar), his Master's degree at the University of Florida (2008) in Computer Engineering, and his Bachelor's degree at Macalester College (2004) in Computer Science. His research and development interests include spatial networks, spatial data mining, spatial databases, and spatial data summarization.
Interests: Spatial Data Mining, Spatial Databases, Spatial Data Summarization, Spatial Networks
Entries at Google Scholar, DBLP
- Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, James M. Kang, Renee Laubscher, Veronica Carlan, Abdussalam Bannur: A K-Main Routes Approach to Spatial Network Activity Summarization. IEEE Transactions in Knowledge and Data Engineering 26(6): 1464-1478 (2014)
- Dev Oliver, Rupa Tiwari, Michael R. Evans, Shashi Shekhar, Disaster Response and Relief, VGI Volunteer Motivation in, to appear in the Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining
- Xun Zhou, Shashi Shekhar, Dev Oliver, "Discovering Persistent Change Windows in Spatiotemporal Datasets: A Summary of Results", In 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Analytics for Big Geospatial Data (BigSpatial-2013), Nov 5, 2013, Orlando, Florida, USA. (Best paper award).
- Michael R. Evans, Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, Francis Harvey, Fast and exact network trajectory similarity computation: a case-study on bicycle corridor planning. In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Urban Computing (UrbComp '13). ACM, New York, NY, USA
- KwangSoo Yang, Dev Oliver, Michael R. Evans, Shashi Shekhar, Capacity-Constrained Network-Voronoi Diagram: An Extended Abstract, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on GeoComputation, Wuhan, China, May 23 to 25 2013
- KwangSoo Yang, Apurv Hirsh Shekhar, Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar: Capacity-Constrained Network-Voronoi Diagram: A Summary of Results. SSTD 2013: 56-73
- Abdeltawab M. A. Hendawi, Eugene Sturm, Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar: CrowdPath: A Framework for Next Generation Routing Services Using Volunteered Geographic Information. SSTD 2013: 456-461
- Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, James M. Kang, Renee Laubscher, Veronica Carlan, Michael R. Evans: Geo-referenced Time-Series Summarization Using k-Full Trees: A Summary of Results. ICDM Workshops 2012: 797-804
- Michael R. Evans, Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, Francis Harvey: Summarizing trajectories into k-primary corridors: a summary of results. SIGSPATIAL/GIS 2012: 454-457
- Shashi Shekhar, Pradeep Mohan, Dev Oliver, Xun Zhou, Crime Pattern Analysis: A Spatial Frequent Pattern Mining Approach, Technical Report TR 12-015, University of Minnesota, Computer Science and Engineering, 2012
- Shashi Shekhar, KwangSoo Yang, Venkata M. V. Gunturi, Lydia Manikonda, Dev Oliver, Xun Zhou, Betsy George, Sangho Kim, Jeffrey M. R. Wolff, Qingsong Lu: Experiences with evacuation route planning algorithms. International Journal of Geographical Information Science 26(12): 2253-2265 (2012)
- Dev Oliver, Daniel J. Steinberger: From Geography to Medicine: Exploring Innerspace via Spatial and Temporal Databases. SSTD 2011: 467-470 (Best Vision/Challenge paper). Note: This paper was discussed in the prestigious CRA/CCC blog.
- Dev Oliver, Abdussalam Bannur, James M. Kang, Shashi Shekhar, Renee Bousselaire: A K-Main Routes Approach to Spatial Network Activity Summarization: A Summary of Results. ICDM Workshops 2010: 265-272
Shashi Shekhar and Dev Oliver,
Computational Modeling of Spatio-temporal Social Networks: A Time-Aggregated Graph Approach
Spatio-temporal Constraints on Social Networks: A NSF/ARO Specialist Meeting ,
(Co-Chairs: Prof. Michael Goodchild and Prof. Kathlyn Carly),
Center for Spatial Studies, Santa Barbara, 13-14 December 2010.
Note: This paper was discussed in many blog articles including
NSF science360.gov ,
GIS and Science ,
campus newspaper ,
university news-release , and other (
). It also generated hundres of
) and facebook posts.
- Pete Dobbins, Tiffany Dohzen, Christan Grant, Joachim Hammer, Malachi Jones1, Dev Oliver, Mujde Pamuk, Jungmin Shin, Mike Stonebraker, "Morpheus 2.0: A Data Transformation Management System," at the VLDB 2007 Third International Workshop on Database Interoperability. (pdf)
- Contributor to Spatial Computing Report (2013 Jan. 20th Draft), From GPS and Virtual Globes to Spatial Computing-2020
- Assistant to Editor-In-Chief, Geoinformatica, 2011- Present
- External Reviewer: IJGIS, GIScience, IWCTS, 2012
- External Reviewer: GeoInformatica and ICDM, 2011
- Career Fair Coordinator, SSTD, 2011
- External Reviewer: CIDU and ACM GIS, 2010
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.