Interests: Spatial Data Mining, Spatial Databases, Data Summarization
Entries at DBLP, Google Scholar
- Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, James M. Kang, Renee Laubscher, Veronica Carlan, Michael R. Evans: Geo-referenced Time-Series Summarization Using k-Full Trees: A Summary of Results. ICDM Workshops 2012: 797-804
- Michael R. Evans, Dev Oliver, Shashi Shekhar, Francis Harvey: Summarizing trajectories into k-primary corridors: a summary of results. SIGSPATIAL/GIS 2012: 454-457
- Shashi Shekhar, Pradeep Mohan, Dev Oliver, Xun Zhou, Crime Pattern Analysis: A Spatial Frequent Pattern Mining Approach, Technical Report TR 12-015, University of Minnesota, Computer Science and Engineering, 2012
- Shashi Shekhar, KwangSoo Yang, Venkata M. V. Gunturi, Lydia Manikonda, Dev Oliver, Xun Zhou, Betsy George, Sangho Kim, Jeffrey M. R. Wolff, Qingsong Lu: Experiences with evacuation route planning algorithms. International Journal of Geographical Information Science 26(12): 2253-2265 (2012)
- Dev Oliver, Daniel J. Steinberger: From Geography to Medicine: Exploring Innerspace via Spatial and Temporal Databases. SSTD 2011: 467-470 (Best Vision/Challenge paper). Note: This paper was discussed in the prestigious CRA/CCC blog.
- Dev Oliver, Abdussalam Bannur, James M. Kang, Shashi Shekhar, Renee Bousselaire: A K-Main Routes Approach to Spatial Network Activity Summarization: A Summary of Results. ICDM Workshops 2010: 265-272
Shashi Shekhar and Dev Oliver,
Computational Modeling of Spatio-temporal Social Networks: A Time-Aggregated Graph Approach
Spatio-temporal Constraints on Social Networks: A NSF/ARO Specialist Meeting ,
(Co-Chairs: Prof. Michael Goodchild and Prof. Kathlyn Carly),
Center for Spatial Studies, Santa Barbara, 13-14 December 2010.
Note: This paper was discussed in many blog articles including
NSF science360.gov ,
GIS and Science ,
campus newspaper ,
university news-release , and other (
). It also generated hundres of
) and facebook posts.
- Pete Dobbins, Tiffany Dohzen, Christan Grant, Joachim Hammer, Malachi Jones1, Dev Oliver, Mujde Pamuk, Jungmin Shin, Mike Stonebraker, "Morpheus 2.0: A Data Transformation Management System," at the VLDB 2007 Third International Workshop on Database Interoperability. (pdf)
- Contributor to Spatial Computing Report (2013 Jan. 20th Draft), From GPS and Virtual Globes to Spatial Computing-2020
- Assistant to Editor-In-Chief, Geoinformatica, 2011- Present
- External Reviewer: IJGIS, GIScience, IWCTS, 2012
- External Reviewer: GeoInformatica and ICDM, 2011
- Career Fair Coordinator, SSTD, 2011
- External Reviewer: CIDU and ACM GIS, 2010
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.