Homework 0: Background Survey
- Group Partner Name: Akash
- Group Partner E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Web URL to group webpage: Group Page
- Are you an Undergraduate, MS or PhD?: PhD
- What is your major?: Computer
- What activities would you volunteer to help enhance this
- Which of the following prerequisites do you have?
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and/or Principles
of Database Systems (CSci 5707): Worked
with relational databases for the past 6 years and taken an advanced
databases course in my MS.
- Familiarity with GIS: The first part of the advanced
databases course mentioned previously dealt with spatial databases and
used to follow the textbook followed in this course.
- Spatial database management system and data analysis
tools I have used previously?:
- Have you had any previous courses where homeworks (not
were completed in teams? If yes, which courses? Describe your
experience.In my MS, most
of the courses I attended, paired us into teams of 2 or 3.
- Which topics other than those in the Schedule are you
interested in learning?: Spatial
Data Mining, Spatio-temporal data mining and Spatio temporal networks
- Please write a single paragraph on your objectives for this
course: I am a first year PhD student and am especially interested in
spati-temporal databases. As a research bacground, I have worked on
non-relational databases and how to mine it. I would like to choose a
career in researching spatial databases and would treat this course as
a steeping stone towards this goal. Moreover apart from the domain
knowledge. I expect this course to provide me insight about how to
perform research in the field of spatio-temporal databases.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.